Friday, July 25, 2008

My first night at Comic Con

I'm sure this will be edited properly at another time when I'm not typing this from the ladies bathroom line at a comic con party, but whatever...here we go...

LA to San Diego, usually, 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. When its it comic con and there's a fatal accident on the major artery from la into sd, it takes 5. Which always makes one uneasy, spending un-needed time in a rental car. Rental cars to me conjure up images of hunter s thompson and his friends buzzing around town, and then I'd be the unlucky bastard to get the car after them. Fortunately for me, I don't htink hunter would ever except a pontiac g6!!

Once in sd, it was unpacking and unwinding at the hotel, which is 3.2 miles away from the convention center! But whatever, I have a room with a huge bed and an even bigger balcony overlooking the harbor!!!

We went to eat at the gaslamp district and the people watching was amazing! I had crab legs, but more importantly a bottle of pino nior! We met up with a co-worker and her friends and went to a comic con provate party. I was anxious to see what it would be like. I've crashed the best nyc and la parties, so I wanted to see how comic fans handled themselves. It was an open bar, and there were 10 dudes to everyone one girl. There was even a wii in the corner. I gelt like a dork for even being there but the line outside told me this was the place to be. Whatevs, I'm going to enjoy the open bar, and this open bathroom stall and just soak it all in......






Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: