Saturday, November 15, 2008

Something horrible happened last night...

My boss and good friend Matthew passed away last night. It was a long battle which ended with him spending 10 days in the hospital, before he let go last night just before midnight. I'm consider myself lucky to have visit him on Wednesday after work. This blog post or any amount of words will do him justice, but since I have spent this whole day alone I felt I needed an outlet.

I knew the end was near, but yet was still taken back by the text message that delivered the news when I checked my phone. I spoke with a coworker soon after and towards the end of the call said, "what am I suppose to do?". And all day I've been trying to figure that out. My mind hasn't been filled with just a montage of thoughts like this in awhile. And nothing can distract it.

I'm going to miss him so much, as we all will! But I'm glad his pain is gone.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: